Our Approach as a plastic container supplier
As a plastic container supplier we value our customers and want them to return. This is how we have been successful as a plastic container supplier. Our customers know us and like us. They have supported us over many years.
The success of any company is based on an attitude of total teamwork by the entire staff.
We take the best possible care of our customers.
Together we will grow and succeed together.
The Golden Rule: We feel everyone has a right to be treated with respect and dignity. We all have a responsibility to treat others the same way.
The Decision Test: Every decision we make will be Legal, Ethical, and Credible.
The Six C’s: Every day we are Careful, Creative, Caring, Committed, Courageous, and Customer-Focused.
Our Story AS A PLASTIC CONTAINER SUPPLIER:
Specialty Container Inc, a plastic container supplier, has been in business since 1980, and is dedicated to the following philosophy:
- To work with our customers to develop and manufacture quality plastic containers and plastic lids as well as a variety of innovative ideas in other fields, that fill the ever changing needs of their market.
- From concept, prototype, manufacturing, and decorating, continually working to develop interesting new innovative ideas and designs for improving plastic containers and lids that give our customers an edge in the market and keep them ahead of the pack.
- Work with our customers in filling specific needs of their market, sometimes sharing in the cost of development and prototypes for test markets.
- Manufacture plastic containers and plastic lids of the highest quality possible.
- Decorate plastic containers using the latest technology to provide superior label quality.
- Provide predictable on schedule rapid response from order to shipment.
- To be the first and the best at competitive costs.
As a plastic container supplier, Specialty Container manufactures and maintains in stock a variety of wide mouth plastic containers, plastic lids, for a wide variety of markets including:
- Towel wipes
- Paste Hand Cleaner
- Paste wax Automotive/Marine/Aircraft
- Industrial/Commercial ink
- Personal care
- Automotive/Industrial grease
- Design, develop, prototype, to production of custom parts and molds for a wide variety of innovative products
HISTORY OF BECOMING A PLASTIC CONTAINER SUPPLIER
1940’s the paste type hand cleaner industry was using metal lithographed cans and lids for their 4 ½ lb and 1 pound can sizes. Metal cans were plagued by rust problems in the seams and lid fit. Labeling the cans was a costly multi-step operation requiring large minimums with long lead times.
The start of Specialty Container Inc. plastic container supplier
1980 Specialty Container was formed as a plastic container supplier to produce and decorate plastic cans and plastic lids as a solution to the rust and labeling problems.
1986 developed quart and gallon plastic containers for the national mastic floor tile industry.
1987 designed and developed a dispenser for paste type hand cleaners and added numerous other plastic can sizes.
1988 continued to expand by adding more presses to our off-set lithography capabilities.
1989 branched into other markets in a major diversification of products including grease, cosmetic, janitorial, powdered cleaners, and additional paste soap plastic containers.
Entering the ink market
1990 entered the commercial ink plastic container market with the addition of 1 lb and 5 lb plastic ink cans.
1993 additional ink cans were developed with the addition of “impact resistant cans”. Plastic ink cans that can be dropped or handled more roughly without rupturing.
The start of the towel market
1990’s entered the “wipe” towel dispensing market with the introduction of various pre-moistened towel plastic dispensing lids for plastic containers.
2000 started purchasing plastic feed stock in rail cars to lower cost.
2005 moved into the automotive / marine / aircraft /paste wax markets with improved closure designs and customized containers.
Our start with ISO 9001
2007 Specialty Container’s quality management system became ISO 9001:2000 certified.
2008 continues to expand with the addition of more production capabilities and the addition of the latest high tech dry offset lithography printing presses.
- ISO 9001:2008 became our new certification.
- developed commercial ink containers to meet the requirements for both “standard” and “UV” ink formulas.
- began utilizing the 3-D CO2 laser abrasion below surface printing plates known as (Stealth Screening)
2010 first use of 3D Printing in part and mold design
2011 added additional dry offset full color process printing presses
2012 developed dispensing closures with handles to further expand our towel container line.
2013 added Design/development of custom molds to our ISO certification
2015 was the first company in North America to upgrade to ISO 9001:2015 with SAI global
Working with specialty molds
- developed the part(s) design and tooling for Hollison Housing and chamber (A major advancement in the food safety industry by continuously testing for e-coli, salmonella, and other micro organisms in food processing)
- First use of 3D Printing for limited production parts
- A second molding facility added to operations
2015 first use of robots for in-mold labeling
Meet the Team
CEO & FOUNDER
50 years+ experience in the chemical and plastic industry.
Director of Operations
27 years+ experience in customer service, graphic design and plant operations.
Customer Service Specialist & Shipping Manager
35 years+ experience in the customer service, shipping and scheduling.
Accounting / Data Entry
20 years+ experience in the customer service, accounting and data entry.
Bobbie Jo Sorgius
Quality Director & Project Coordinator
10 years+ experience in ISO 9001 certifications and project coordination.
20 years+ experience in Dry Off-Set Lithography Printing.
Senior Tool & Die Designer/Maker
50 years+ experience in Building and Designing Injection Molds
Shipping & Receiving
20 years+ experience in Driving Semi and Quality Inspections and Shipping and Receiving
Semi Driver / Quality Technician
40 years+ experience in Driving Semi and Quality Inspections
Please review our complete product line and contact our Customer Service Specialist.